If you are planning a corporate golf trip to Pattaya, it’s crucial that you take into account, which time of the year you plan to travel. One of the first considerations with reference to this is the weather, and the other is the actual cost of accommodation. There is a significant price variation between the low season and the high season.
How the weather impacts tour prices
- When we are talking about the weather, there are 3 main seasons. November to February is the cool season and there are clear skies during this time as well. The temperature is typically in the range of 20-25°C, with very light breezes that make for perfect golfing conditions. In Pattaya as in the rest of Thailand, the hotel prices soar at this time. If you are planning to book a custom tour around this time, it’s a good idea to check with your tour operator, whether the rates are any different from what they are at other times of the year.
- March is when the summer season begins; however, the weather during this month is still quite enjoyable, since the temperatures will have increased only a little bit and you can still enjoy some of the benefits that you derive from traveling during the cooler months.
- April 13th, 14th & 15th are important dates as the Songkran festival is celebrated then. Pattaya comes almost to a standstill on these days. The water festivals are quite interesting to watch; however there is a rise in hotel accommodation prices during this time.
- Once you move into May, the weather can be quite hot & humid, right through to May and the temperatures can easily soar to 30°C. You will still find quite a large number of tourists and travellers in Pattaya during these months, as the hotel accommodation prices are far lower.
- June right through to September is the rainy season. This is when the south westerly winds that waft in from the Indian Ocean, bring in dark and rain-laden clouds. The rains are quite erratic and there will be downpours at different times of the day. However, a downpour typically lasts for about an hour.
- The temperatures drop a bit during this time and there is far less sunshine. Despite the rains, many golfing enthusiasts do head for the greens during this time and they simply take shelter in case there is a downpour and get back to the game once the rainfall eases up. The courses also tend to dry pretty quickly.
- While most people do shy from visiting Pattaya during this particular time of the year, accommodation is extremely cheap. If you are working on a very modest golf trip budget, you could check with the operator whether the rates they offer for a custom tour are any different during these months.
- In fact, the greens are also significantly quieter during this period which might be an attraction point for some people, as it gives them the flexibility to choose when they play.
October proves to be a good month for golfing too; the prices are still quite low, and in most instances, the rains will also have cleared & you can enjoy cooler weather as well.
For any queries about golf trips & the various tour packages on offer, you can get in touch with us at Pattaya Golf Trips. You can use this contact us form to get in touch with us. Alternatively, call us on 0499 013 536, and we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Thanks for reading,
0499 013 536