Anyone that goes golfing even occasionally is aware that golf gloves are part of the attire when they are on the greens. They give you a much better grip on the club, which in turn results in much better shots. If you have planned on a corporate golfing trip to Pattaya and are getting your wardrobe ready, you may want to consider buying a pair of good golfing gloves.
Pointers that will help you choose the best gloves
Here, we take a look at some tips to choose the best golfing gloves:
- Firstly, you would need to know which hand you’ll be wearing the gloves on. If you are right-handed, then you’d wear the glove on your left hand and vice-versa.
- The next step in finding the appropriate glove is to find your size; you will find that glove companies offer a number of glove sizes and you are sure to find something that suits your requirement. While you will find standard sizes, there are also a number of cadet sizes that have much wider and shorter fingers on them.
- When you hear the term cadet, it sounds like these gloves would be for kids, but the fact is that these gloves have a unique structure that ensure they fit your hand well. You will also find that these gloves are available in a variety of materials; the most common one being faux leather.
- If you want a more premium glove, opt for ones made of leather; these will be more expensive than the faux leather gloves. They are soft and comfortable, but tend to wear out faster than many other materials.
- Cheaper gloves tend to have more mesh and elastic in their structure and this is something you may want to keep in view. These will last numerous rounds but tend to become slick and stiff once they are worn out. The main advantage is the cost as they are significantly less expensive than full leather gloves.
- You also have the option to purchase rain gloves or all-weather gloves, especially if your Pattaya trip has been planned in the rainy season. These gloves work well in humid and rainy conditions.
- If you are going to be in Pattaya during winter time, you may consider buying a winter glove; this piece is thicker and specifically-designed to keep your hands very warm during the colder weather.
Very simply, there is a glove for every need and you are sure to find the right fit as well. However, it’s important that you try the glove on, before buying it. Some people prefer to wear golfing gloves on both their hands to protect from calluses and blisters and you should buy suitable ones based on your requirement and budget.
Some Tips for golf glove care
- After wearing the glove for one round, let it air a bit, to dry off.
- Whenever you’re on the golf course, remove the glove between shots; this will help keep it drier.
- It’s always a good idea to carry at least 2 or more golf gloves and change them as you move through your game.
- When storing the gloves, if you keep them in plastic zip-lock bags, they will keep better and also last longer.
If you have any questions about golf in Pattaya and our tour packages, you can get in touch with us at Pattaya Golf Trips. Just fill in this contact us form and we’ll call you as soon as possible. You can also call us on 0499 013 536, and we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Thanks for reading,
0499 013 536