If you are planning on going on a corporate golfing trip to Pattaya, you must be excited and getting all your golfing gear and attire together. Since it is a golfing trip, everyone that’s going on it must either be playing golf regularly or may have an interest in the game. If you are a beginner and feel that you want to improve your game before you actually take that trip, here are a few interesting hacks that will help you hone your golfing skills:
How to hone your golfing skills
- Try to get into a good pre-shot routine. Before you putt, address the ball and then back off; or simply follow any other routine that works well for you. The important thing is to follow it before you take any shot. Once you get accustomed to it, you will find that you are calmer when you actually take the shot and that it improves your nerves.
- You can use rain gloves in the greens even when it isn’t raining; these gloves prove to be quite useful on hot & humid summer days. It’s a good idea to wear these especially if you have sweaty palms. These gloves will become stickier as your hands perspire more.
- It’s a good idea to do some basic arm stretches before you actually tee off. Don’t forget to pack a bungee cord and use that for warming up before your game.
- If you like, you can spray a favourite deodorant on your hands when you are in the clubhouse washroom; it will make your grip smell great.
- Develop a good safety shot. A number of disasters occur from the tee. When you are honing your golfing skills and are focusing on becoming a very consistent player, have a special safety shot ready. This gives you the confidence to play a better game; you know without a shadow of doubt that regardless of how much trouble you are in, you will make it.
- If you are keen on measuring whether you are making a direct impact or not, use a good dry-erase marker to mark your clubface. It will help you understand where exactly the ball is connecting with the club.
- Always carry a good sized carpenter’s nail in your golfing bag; use this to clean inside the grooves. In fact, you can also use it as a ball marker.
- If your golfing gloves are wet, simply hang them at the top of your umbrella; that will help them dry out faster when you are playing on the greens
- Before you play the most crucial holes, simulate them backwards – this is especially true of the par 5’s. This will allow you to manage depth perception in a better way.
Practice When You Can
Even if you have just started playing the game, you can use these simple and basic tips to hone your golfing skills before you go on your golf trip to Pattaya. Carry the right gear, wear comfortable attire and practice with regularity for at least a couple of months prior to your trip. This will make you feel more confident while playing, even if the group has a few players that are better than you.
If you have any questions about golf in Pattaya and our tour packages, you can get in touch with us at Pattaya Golf Trips. Just fill in this contact us form and we’ll call you as soon as possible. You can also call us on 0499 013 536, and we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Thanks for reading,
0499 013 536