If you are all set for your corporate golfing trip to Pattaya, you may just want to polish your game a little bit, before you actually get there. While it takes practice and time to hone your golfing skills, there are some small tactics you can follow that can bring about some notable and quick changes:
#1 Are you using the right loft?
It’s normal for avid players to emulate their favourite professional golfers. However, just because he/she uses a certain driver or loft, doesn’t mean it will work for you. The main reason for using a well-designed good loft is to maximise your distance. Typically, an average driver is in the 4-20 degree loft. To identify which loft will work best for you, the few things you should be doing are:
- Estimate the speed you use while swinging your driver and which club you use when you are hitting a 150 yard shot. If you are using a 6 iron, then the driver’s club head speed is normally in the 84-95 mph range. If you are using a 7 iron, the speed will be in the 95-104 mph range.
- The next thing to do is to try a club basis the speed test you just tried. If your club head speed is below 85 miles per hour, you would have to maintain a loft angle of 14 to 20 degrees. If your speed is in the 130 mph + range, it might be a good idea to attempt a 4 to 7 degrees loft.
- The next thing to do is to check the feel of the drivers that are within your proper loft range. Just try this and you will notice that even these minor alterations can significantly improve your game.
#2 Practice your spin
Sure, it’s quite challenging to add a great spin on the wedge shots; however, if you are really keen on getting it right, you would require the right technique and the right equipment. The things you should focus on are:
- Choose the right club – one that you can easily manage.
- You should be able to manage the weight since your body weight will be on your front leg as you lean your upper body towards the target.
- Take a quick look in the mirror to check your impact position. Make sure that your left wrist is ahead of the ball and that the shaft is properly angled towards the target. Ideally, your right back knee should be pointing just ahead of the ball.
- The face of the club should hit the ball before it hits the turf
#3 Find the right grip
The grip is the only section of your golf club that is in direct contact with your hands. There is no secret about the fact that one of the most important aspects of the game is to find the right grip. Most of the mechanical errors that golfers commit stem from this aspect. While most golfers use custom club fittings, they tend to overlook the grip.
For some people, all it takes is a simple hand measurement; however, some players may benefit from having either a larger or smaller grip. For instance, if you lack strength, a larger grip would suit you better as you don’t require too much grip pressure for it.
These are some of the simplest things you can do to improve your game when you are playing on the greens in Pattaya. If you are planning on organising a corporate golf trip get in touch with us at Pattaya Golf Trips. Just fill in this contact us form and we’ll get back to you. You can also call us on 0499 013 536, and we’ll be happy to hear from you.
Thanks for reading,
0499 013 536